Select Page
campervan hire - camper interior

Question not answered here? Please contact us and we will be happy to help.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a minimum hire period?

The minimum hire period is 3 nights from September to March and 5 nights from April to August.  During the Christmas and Easter Holidays and the October Half Term the minimum hire period is also 5 nights. To make a booking and for further information please contact us.

How much is the deposit to secure my dates?

A non-refundable deposit of £150.00 is required to secure your dates and a larger deposit of 20% is required for hire periods of more than ten days.  The balance payment of hire is due eight weeks prior to rental followed by payment of security deposit (bond) which is due fourteen days prior to hire.

What is the security deposit?

The security deposit (bond) is £750.00 for Fergal, Stirling and Lance and £1500.00 for Amber. Payment is due fourteen days prior to hire by card payment and will be refunded on return of the hired van in the same condition that it was collected and on the basis that the terms of rental are met. A double bond will apply for festival hire with other terms and conditions as above.

Can I drive the campers on a standard licence?

Yes all of our campers can be driven on a standard full driving licence.

What are the driver requirements?

Drivers must be aged between 25 and 70 and have had a valid UK, EU (including Norway and Switzerland), Australian, New Zealand, USA or Canadian driving licence for a minimum of 3 years.  In addition, any driving endorsements, motor accidents and DVLA reportable conditions must be declared at the time of booking due to the requirements of our insurers.

Driving licence and proof of address will be required prior to release of the campervan (see below for details).

What documents are required to hire a camper?

We will need to see your driving licence which must be registered to the home you live in along with Proof of Address dated within 3 months of rental upon collection. Proof of address must match the name and address on the driving licence. Our insurers will accept the following:

One utility bill/statement plus one of any of the following:

a) Council Tax bill/statement
b) TV / internet/ landline (not mobile) telephone bill (including Sky/Virgin/BT etc)
c) Bank Statement
d) Credit Card Statement

In addition we will also require a DVLA Check Code from prior to release (dated within 21 days of date of hire).

Is there a mileage limit?

The mileage limit is unlimited for hire periods of 7 nights or more and 150 miles per 24 hours for hire periods of less than 7 nights.  Extra mileage is chargeable at £0.50 per mile however we do offer pre-paid packages if you know you will definitely be exceeding your mileage limit.  These can be arranged prior to hire by card payment and are non-refundable.

Is there a charge for an additional driver?

Additional drivers are charged at £25 per day.

What are the collection and return times?

We charge per night (just like a hotel).  Our normal collection time is 12:00 and return is also by 12:00.  It may be possible to arrange alternative times but these must be agreed in advance of hire because of our insurance requirements.

Do you provide child car seats?

Sorry, we do not supply car seats.  You are legally responsible for obtaining and using a child or baby seat.

Do I need an electric hook up?

Our campers are designed to be self-sufficient with leisure batteries and solar panels. If it’s sunny the power should last.  If it is cloudy for long periods (or you are camped under trees!) then you do need to be a little more careful.  It really all depends on how much power you are using for the different systems (lights/pump/TV/fridge etc) and how often you are driving the camper. The battery recharges when you are driving.

You can charge your phone and other devices from the inbuilt USB sockets or inverted plug socket (please note not all vans have an inverter). Otherwise when you are on an electric hookup the sockets in the van will all be energised.  Please note:- 3 Pin sockets only work on hookup.



Can I take the camper to a festival?

Absolutely.  We love festivals too and our camper vans are great for a luxury festival experience!  There is no extra hire charge for going to a festival however a double bond will be required.  All of campers are tracked – should you attend any festival without prior permission you will forfeit a minimum of £250 of your bond.

Can I bring my pet?

Dog friendly campervan hire options are available.  Pets are by prior agreement and are charged at £30 per rental period, unless agreed otherwise at time of booking.  Please note that dog beds are not provided and as such you will need to bring one with you for your furry friend.  Drivers are responsible for ensuring that pets are suitably restrained in line with the Highway Code.

Can I smoke in the camper van?

No!  Smoking is not allowed in any of our campervans.

Are your campers manual or automatic?

Our current fleet are all manual transmission. However, we do have plans for a vehicle with automatic transmission in the future so please check back for updates.

Do I need to take out my own travel insurance?

Travel insurance is not included therefore you will need to take out your own policy.

What if I break down?

In the unlikely event of a breakdown we have a roadside assistance policy, the details will be provided with the instruction manual at the time of hire. First of all you should contact us for advice at the time of breakdown as we may be able to assist, secondly you should call the breakdown company and follow any instructions and advice given.  Further to this it will be necessary to call us to advise us of the plan of action.  If it is subsequently found that the vehicle cannot be fixed easily then every effort will be made to provide a similar vehicle.  

Can I leave my car with you while I am on my trip?

Certainly. We have a parking space for one vehicle per hire.

What do I need to do before returning the camper?

The camper should be refilled with diesel prior to return.  The nearest petrol stations are West Vale Filling Station, Stainland Rd, Greetland, Halifax HX4 8BQ and BP, New Hey Rd, Huddersfield HD3 3UZ.

Please empty and clean the toilet and give the camper a general clean & tidy, removing any rubbish.  We’ll take care of the rest and the outside!

Return time is strictly between 09:00 and 12:00 unless agreed otherwise.